Importance of Human Relationships

What are human relationships?

Human Relationship is a relationship with or between people or the social and interpersonal relations between human beings.

Humanizing the Human Relations - The Daily Outlook Afghanistan

Why are human relationships important?

PPT - The “Human Relations” Approach PowerPoint Presentation, free download  - ID:1410424

Family Values

Family Values Week 3: "Simple Living"

The original definition for family is a group of persons united by the ties of marriage, blood, or adoption, constituting a single household and interacting with each other in their respective social positions, usually those of spouses, parents, children, and siblings.

The meaning of family to me is the people I love coming together no matter the circumstances. It means to comfort each other and spend time with each other even though we are adults and have our own lives. Growing up my mom always told me that when I become an adult, I have to go to college and start working. She told me that I would have to be a hard working women like her because when she was growing up, they were taught to work hard for what they want and that’s how she raised me.

This is my mom, her name is Mary. Next to her is my brother Emanuel*

Our family didn’t really revolve around values, we just go with the flow type of family.

I think the most important value to me is having fun with family and friends and being joyful even through difficult times.

my two siblings and parents

In Social work, I think family values are important because there can be a case where you work with a family and you’ve got to know your family values.

1. Hailey Luder

Hi Daisy! Human relationships are extremely important. We are shaped by the people we surround ourselves with. I agree with your definition of family. It does not have to be blood, just those you love. I loved the photos you included of your own. Personally, I love to take photos with my family because it makes me feel connected to them even when we are far apart, which we often are. Great blog, one note I do have is that you could expand more, especially on a social workers role with family.

2. Madison Sawyer

Very colorful and informative blog!
    I agree that family is not defined by blood. My old best friend, I considered her my sister. And my parents thought of her as their second daughter. We grew apart, but to us she was like family. People can care about you and love you in the same ways that family does. I think in a field, such as social work, understanding the differences between how some families live is important. Home life and connections/disruptions are very key aspects in ones mental health and well being. I will admit that my life was ore miserable when I wasn’t connected yo my mom, but now that I am, life feels so much lighter.

3. Kenese Faamu

Love the blog, to me family means everything, and to some people family can mean different things. Family to me is not define by blood but by loyalty I’ve encountered people who call themselves my family but in my time of need they’re nowhere to be found. Great job on the blog and as the great Vin Diesel said, ” I don’t got friends, I got Family”.

4. Devin Gittlein

I enjoyed reading your blog and the pictures of your family! I believe that human relationships are definitely the key to creating motivation and progress. I think it can be difficult sometimes to cultivate these relationships today because of the strong presence of the internet and social media in peoples’ lives. It can be a tool for communication, but also a front for people to hide behind and isolate themselves with. I also agree with your sentiment that maintaining optimism and joy throughout difficult situations is essential. In social work you can help create an environment of hope and optimism by playing into a family’s values. This could present a potential roadblock if you and your family don’t hold these same ideals. That is why cultural education and human relationships are important!

5. Danni Reuter

Great topic for a blog, family is so important and it really does shape who you are and the values you have or pass down. I also think working hard is a really important value to have. Great pictures, thanks for sharing!

6. Kaylila Johnston

Hello Daisy,

I really liked that you added a lot of imagery to your blog. I agree that relationships are very important because we need each other to live. Sometimes or most times, we need guidance from others to help us and give us the strength to move forward. Values are also important in life because they give us purpose and guidance. It shapes a pathway to the good things that we aim for.

Thank you for sharing!

7. Myah Sundby

Daisy, I enjoyed reading your blog! I completely agree with you that family is important. Although I grew up in an abusive home, I have built a family outside of my immediate family and love them dearly. Our genetics don’t determine the definition of family. Thank you for sharing your story and photos of your loved ones with us. Thank you for the great blog, and have a great week!