Cheers to 30

It has been awhile since I have truly thought about who I am becoming. I am almost finished with my 30th trip around the sun and it has been a turbulent year of self growth, reflection, and healing. I am originally from Upstate New York and knew since the 8th grade that I wanted to pursue a career in Social Work. My mother is a LCSW-R and like me, had a late start to her education and career journey. I was there to witness her graduate with her BSW and then again with her MSW. As a young girl, it was admirable to watch her reach her goals all while raising children. I attempted one semester at a college in the second largest city in New York upon graduating high school, however my priorities quickly changed. I was swept up in the college party lifestyle and unfortunately was roofied at a house party. The incident caused extreme anxiety and I fell into a really dark place. My grades reflected it and I was excused from the school. At the age of 19, I enlisted in the United States Navy.

I met my husband (bless his soul) during my time in the Navy and we will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary in just a couple of weeks. He is originally from Alaska and we plan on returning in a few years, once he retires. I am a mother to a 7 year old girl and she illuminates many empty spaces within. It excites me knowing that she’s witnessing her mother no longer placing herself on the back burner. I also have 2 angel babies, as I sadly had back to back miscarriages in my late twenties. I grieved those lost souls for quite a long time and during those days, I came across a Buddhist belief that states “Miscarried and still born babies have already learned all the life lessons they needed to in past lives, and now they only have to touch on this earth long enough to be wanted and loved before they get to go to Nirvana.” http://pattch.org I may not be a practicing Buddhist, but this belief filled me with a sense of peace.

Career wise, I have a strong desire to focus on child welfare and domestic violence intervention. To my core, I am a woman’s woman, and I will always speak up for the women and children that feel as though they may not have a voice.

So to answer the question, I am becoming a self actualized, focused woman. I am reconfiguring my relationship with God. I am a wife, a dog mom to the most precious Bernedoodle pup, a loyal friend, lover of trying new foods, exploring my German roots, morning gym girlie, appreciator of flowers, and I will always stop to look at the moon.

I look forward to learning and growing with you all 🙂

Cheers, Tesha Hudson

1. Olivia Taylor

Hello Tesha! Appertaining to your warm heartiness that your mother is a LCSW-R and you are both on similar career paths is beautiful! I’m unsure if you were implying that she was a single parent while in school raising you and your siblings but that is impressive and she sounds like a warrior. I bet she is elated about you being in this class. It will be nice that you have someone that has had so so much experience in the field close by. She sounds like the perfect person to help you study!
    I can understand how intense the change of life was for you going from New York to the Navy. I am sorry and afflicted to what happened, given what you had been through the Navy was probably a heaven at that point. Another beautiful aspect is that’s where you met your husband and discovered Alaska!
    I am sorry about your miscarriages. Thank you for creating that open admittance on your blog for talking about miscarriages. Being vulnerable about this is really in tune to a lot of us helping others gain awareness, so thank you! I am happy that you took the time to grieve, there is no time limit on grieving. Thank you for internalizing this and sharing your method of healing. I was able to read through some of the website Pattch.org that you shared and I saved it, it is a valuable resource.
    I saw that you were moving back to Alaska in the future, if you do there is a German food truck I’m sure you would like since you mentioned you were connecting with your German roots and like tasting new foods, it’s called Mein Diner, and since you’re a Gym Girlie, the number one gym in Fairbanks is called The Powerhouse. It’s a woman’s, woman type of gym, you would love it.
    The World is a siege against the empaths, thank you for being in this class with me and thank you for all you have done.

2. Tesha Hudson

Hi Olivia 🙂

Thank you for reading my blog! I was concerned about mentioning my pregnancy losses because it’s not a topic that many people talk openly about. But like you said, open dialogue is crucial for awareness purposes.

I looked up your German food truck recommendation and oh my goodness! It all sounds delicious. Enjoy a German bratwurst with sauerkraut for me!