The Critical Social Worker

posted in: Uncategorized | 8

Episode 23:

Where can you watch/listen?

-Spotify -YouTube -Apple -Podbean etc.

HOST: Professore Christain Stettler, MSW

COHOST: Ana Fulcher, Jr. SWK student

GUEST: Zenia Mihevc, MSW

• Founder and clinical director of “ A Little Zen
  • Registered Social Worker
  • Psychotherapist
  • Experienced Registered yoga instructor
  • Mindfulness coach, researcher and a storyteller

ABOUT: The Podcast unveils multiple experiences and individual findings of perspectives through their own journeys in life, and how they coped. They help understand a lot of things for their audience. Zenia tells her story and reflects on how she felt with multiple obstacles. While Professor Stettler and Ana Fulcher ask question to find better understandings.

zenia’s process

Connecting within your body and inner voice.

Our generation is filled with millions of critiques that is being driven from every mind set such as; what to do what not to do, what we need to put on, what we shouldn’t eat or how we should eat healthier, When to keep our mouths shut and when to not voice our opinions.

Every so often it can nearly sense as though we are suffocating in Silence and being tortured by the expectations of society.

it can be hard to differentiate even our very personal thoughts, ideas, or emotions from the ones which might continuously be used against us. It’s in that moment it becomes most important that we must connect ourselves and inner thoughts.

No choice ever made might be as giant as the ones you’re making because of the reality you set. Nothing is as more powerful than the way you think of yourself.

Zenia explains how much yoga has done/helped her figure a lot of situations out and how she finds herself within her inner mind through yoga. Before listening to this podcast I used to think yoga was just a workout exercise planted in peace. Turns out there is so much more that goes into it like it helps you emotionally, physically and mentally. It helps keep your inner peace intact. Zenia wears multiple armors of gold in her life from a psychotherapist, a mindfulness coach, to a registered social worker and yoga instructor.

As someone who has never practiced any of these techniques I’ve found the deeper meaning when it comes to it. Yoga is spiritually focusing on bringing harmony between body and mind. It’s about balance and not just physically but in every aspect of human life. Yoga is a balanced state of thought, intellect, body, mind, behavior and emotions.

8 Responses

1. Abbigale Delight Wheeler

Hey Dallas! As someone who has always thought yoga seemed a bit hard to understand, it is interesting to see your point of view in understanding it as something that is beneficial to not only you body but also balancing to your mind and spirit as well. Learning more about the benefits of yoga makes me interested in starting to do yoga myself.

• Dallas Meza

Yoga was definitely very hard for me to understand but Zenia really did make very interesting points about the deeper meaning behind yoga.

2. Olivia Taylor

Hello Dallas, I enjoyed listening to Zenia talk about how Yoga plays into your everyday activities, such as just remembering to breath. Whether driving in the car or at work, sometimes it can feel as if your holding your breath and do not even notice it. I do agree that Yoga is beyond just an exercise but a practice of mindfulness and balance.

• Dallas Meza

That’s a great understanding you and me as well got from Zenia!

3. Danni

I love that they focused on the importance of breathing and how it can stabilize you or bring physically and mentally. This is a little off topic but I used hypnobirthing for several of my labors and it focuses a lot on breathing. They describe that when you hold your breathe you tighten your muscles and that stops your muscles from being able to do what they are supposed to be doing during labor. I always felt like keeping my breathing calm and steady in a way kept me mentally composed, if I let my breathing speed up or held it due to pain, my mental composure would slip too. Who knew breathing had so many different functions and could be used as a coping skill!

• Dallas Meza

I love that the hypnobirthing helped you. I’m someone who has never given birth especially several times on some aspects I don’t understand what it feels like to give birth and I’m not one who has ever experienced that sort of “breathing” in my life. I’m only 18 and let’s just say my mom would not like that, lol. Congratulations on bringing several lives into this world, being a mother has always been a dream of mine when the time comes I hope to be a great mom someday.

4. David Shelton

Hey Dallas, I completely understand where you’re coming from, as I was pleasantly surprised by the multifaceted benefits of yoga when I delved deeper into it. It’s not just about physical exercise; it’s a holistic approach to well-being that encompasses emotional, mental, and spiritual aspects.

Zenia’s journey and her various life roles showcase these techniques’ diverse applications. Yoga, mindfulness, and social work can work harmoniously to help individuals achieve balance and inner peace. It’s all about finding that equilibrium between different facets of our lives.

Your insight into yoga being a balanced state of thought, intellect, body, mind, behavior, and emotions is spot on. This comprehensive approach makes it such a transformative practice for many. If you ever explore yoga or mindfulness, you’ll likely discover even more layers of personal growth and self-discovery.

• Dallas Meza

I would love to experience yoga on a whole new level! I Might start yoga on my free time, I would love to experience personal growth and self discovery!