1. Madison Sawyer

I enjoyed how straightforward your blog was, not too much detail, and very easy to understand. Volunteers using their time to help communities in need is very heartwarming. Public health social workers are spreading the word about communal issues that aren’t brought up as much, like sex trafficking and STD prevention. Sex ed classes don’t touch up on these much, depending on the curriculum. But these bits of information are important to know because they can affect more than just one person. This seems to be a great field to get into since it provides so much for so many communities, every job has its ups and downs – it’s just up to us to figure out what we can handle.

2. Devin Gittlein

Your blog this week was very interesting and informative. I liked the point that was brought up about different communities needing different things because I believe that to be very true and I don’t often see it talked about. I wasn’t really aware of the fact that there were public health social workers, but it makes sense because of the need to determine who needs help and what they need. I found the video very helpful and informative. I liked all the details that were included, especially about the three core areas of public health and their enablers. The examples that the video gave about the person with the broken leg from the car crash was also a really good example, because I wasn’t entirely sure what specifically public health was up until then.

3. Olivia Taylor

Thank you for your blog post on community outreach. It was really meaningful for me when you mentioned that many of the people who participate in these programs are volunteers. It is concerning to see that such an important job in the community is undervalued, but it also shows that we still have hope in humanity.

4. Joshua Escobedo

Hi Hailey,
    I found your blog quite engaging and thought you did an excellent job spotlighting the critical characteristics of being a social worker. I had not fully grasped the versatility of this profession until recently, thanks to this class. It has broadened my perspective on potential paths I may explore as I progress in my degree. While having various options for specialization is beneficial, I’m curious if there are social workers who take on multiple roles and how this might impact their effectiveness or enhance their expertise.

5. Kenese Faamu

Hey Hailey,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog, it was very informative and creative. As social workers it is important to create a plan in order to find the solution to a problem, as you mentioned in your blog. The video was also a great add to your blog I enjoyed watching it. Overall great job on your blog.

6. Katherine LeBlanc

Hi Hailey, your blog is laid out well and highlights important information. Many people are unaware of most roles of social workers, and this is definitely one of them. Your comment on assessing a situation before jumping in to help is important to note; trying to help before understanding the needs of the person or situation can cause an outcome that is more damaging than helpful. This is especially true for social workers in health settings where HIPPA comes into play. Social workers also have to balance not being an expert on the medical side while still being a patient advocate when needed.