45th President of the United States

There is a lot to be said about President Donald J. Trump that can be seen as both good and bad for our country. He is probably one of the only president who have as much haters and he does followers. Now besides whether you are pro/against trump I will be focusing on the good he was able to accomplish for our country during his 4 years in the White House (2016-2020) and will be looking into how he was able to accomplish said goals with other political parties/members who had different views as him.

Who is He?

President Donald J. Trump (born 1946), now recognized as an American politician, was once solely a real estate businessman and perhaps a familiar face from his appearance in Home Alone and several other movies. He created a prosperous life for himself by participating in various businesses in entertainment, sports, and real estate. Before he decided to dive into the arena of politics and public service, he had secured enough wealth for a lifetime. he chose to embark on a new journey which was driven by his own desire to contribute and make a significant impact on the United States during his single term as President 2016-2020.

Balance

Now, Donald Trump has arguably one of the most outspoken and surprising methods of communicating with the public. His use of social media to air his own thoughts is something no other president had available or went to the extent of utilizing. He allowed the whole world to know exactly what he thought and planned on doing. Now, I think this could be both good and bad because we know what the president wants to accomplish and he is openly sharing it to the public, but the way he chose to spread this information, however this was not the most efficient or best way, as it hurt a lot of people who did not believe that what he wanted to accomplish should even be talked about, let alone come true. I think his balance between rhetoric and standard policy effectively showed that no one is going to do a job that will make everyone happy not even the United States President because there will always be opposers to your ideas and personal goals. You need to be able to work through them, which I believe he effectively did by not even allowing them to be addressed and when he choose to address these topics he used humor to respond and only responded when it would result in his own favor.

What he accomplished for the US

President Trump achieved several accomplishments that deserve acknowledgment, regardless of one’s personal thoughts towards him. During his four years in office, he signed a new tax reform bill for individuals, fostering economic growth by enabling people to save more money. Additionally, his administration streamlined regulations for smaller businesses, reducing bureaucratic hurdles for these so called mom-and-pop shops. This reduction in regulatory burdens allowed these businesses to save more funds, potentially reinvesting back into their enterprises and helping the economy grow. Prior to the tragedy of the COVID-19 pandemic, the nation had record-low unemployment numbers. This achievement is often attributed to the combination of tax cuts and deregulation implemented during his tenure. These policies aimed to stimulate economic growth and job creation, contributing to the favorable employment figures before the global health crisis. In his time in office he also managed to create a new sixth branch of military the Space Force which no one can hate because I think everyone would like to see the US go back to the moon. In 4 years trump accomplished plenty of good for the country.

Sources of accomplishments:

Tax reform

Deregulation

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-press-office/2012/05/10/white-house-announces-new-steps-cut-red-tape-eliminate-unnecessary-regul

Space Force

https://www.spaceforce.mil/About-Us/About-Space-Force/#:~:text=The%20Space%20Force%20organizes%2C%20trains,capabilities%20to%20the%20joint%20forces.

Employment

https://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2018/article/measuring-labor-market-activity-today.htm

1. Sean McCrossin

This piece thankfully felt very unbiased and I appreciate that greatly. Topics like this can get pretty intense and truth be told it was good to learn this since I feel like I don’t know enough to have a solid opinion. I don’t exactly have an opinion on him as a president but I can recognize the good here and separate it from the bad. As a person I’m not really a fan, but I now that there’s two different sides between a person and president. While he is both at the same time, I think it’s necessary to also separate these identities in a number of situations. Regardless, you taught me new things today and helped me broaden and narrow my scope for the better.

• John Da Broi

Sean, Thank you for your response I was worried that maybe my blog would come off as one sided but I am glad that it shows the views from both sides.

2. Jaelynn Anderson

I remember being in basic training for the Air Force and the instructors (MTI’s) kept telling us that the space force was becoming an actual branch and we all just kind of sat there and chuckled. Then, by time we graduated, we realized it was all coming true! In regards to social work, Trump hasn’t been on the good side. When I researched Trump in relation to social work, the first article that popped up was “NASW Calls for Trump to be Removed From Office.” A few other negative articles appeared as well as a small variety of good ones. Reading your blog made me realize how big social work is and how easily it can be affected by politics.

3. Alex Beaudouin

Hi John,
    Donald Trump is known for his unique personality traits for sure! Even though I am certainly not a fan of the man, Trump exudes a high level of self-assurance and assertiveness in his actions and words. This is a very charismatic man who can captivate and energize his audience, particularly during his rallies and public appearances. I think it is important to remember that his personality or other’s personality, in general, can be perceived differently by different people. Trump’s personality has been the subject of controversy and debate, with some praising his boldness while others criticize his divisive rhetoric.

4. Sharla Huckabey

I appreciated your blog. You made some excellent points. President Trump is a person of many personalities. He defiantly tells you what he thinks. People either love him or dislike him. I believe he has done many great things for our country while he was in office. The unemployment rate speaks loudly. The economy is way different today than it was then, for sure. He is a businessman.

5. Mel Maendel

I really liked that you focused on the good of this politician rather than the bad and did acknowledge that everyone has good and bad. I feel like most of the time it is very hard to see the good accomplishments that a person has done when they have views that we don’t agree with. So, the fact that you focused on the good rather than the bad was a good change.

6. Ben Woods

I am personally drained by politics. It’s important to be in-tuned to the leadership of the country and I get drained by hearing how awful one candidate is compared to another. That being said, I didn’t pay too much attention to Mr. Trump’s time in office, neither have I President Biden. I like how you focused on what Mr. Trump did for our country and shined light on the positives and you still kept neutral on biases. I feel the president of the United States is one of the ultimate leadership roles out there. Yes, I believe it is true once in a position of leadership, people will naturally go against what you say and or would like to happen. I believe that with us being human, there is bound to be conflict, naturally. In most cases that I’ve noticed is due to a lack of communication. Communication seems to be the most difficult thing to do in this day and age, however, still just as important as it always has been. Mr. Trump has done some great things for our country and I believe that every president has an equal opportunity to do the same while serving the people of the United States. Great post John!