Marianne Williamson

Illustration by Franziska Barczyk

1. Michelle Dunham

I don’t think there are enough Tums antacids for me to stomach this next election. I have been involved in politics, and been elected, (small city council). The rhetoric from Ms. Williamson is the same rhetoric from all others in the realm of politics… just what we want to hear. But who has the actual history to prove their true motives as opposed to an image building campaign and a few misguided friends with a lot of money.

The policies you and I want to see in place, regardless of our individual personal political views, won’t be championed by some political candidate, it will be championed by us. By those we serve. We can tear down each sides candidates, but nothing is served when this is allowed. The truth and lies become muddied and no one knows who is telling the truth anymore.

Honestly, we need much tougher questions to our candidates that don’t allow time for their speech writers to wordsmith it out, so that we can all enjoy world peace.

My take? It’s like trying to smell the color 9.

• Simone Smith

I so agree with everything you said in your response Michelle! It’s all just theater and I’m so done with it. I’m focusing on local politics and what I can do for/with my community!

2. Annalee White

Hi Simone!

It was cool to see your words in regard to Ms.Williamson since I also researched her. I do appreciate her efforts to bring to life the issues in that most Americans face such as healthcare, or simply providing basic needs because the resources are simply not there and there seems to be little to no support to help others achieve their goals.

• Simone Smith

Thanks Annalee! I enjoyed reading your take as well. I hear ya… wouldn’t be nice if people had their basic needs met- ugh :-/

3. Sharla Huckabey

Simone,
    I appreciate your blog.
    I agree with some of Ms. Williamson’s points of view, while others I’m afraid I have to disagree with. I know this election year has been full of so many lies by politicians, making it hard to listen. I appreciate Ms. Williamson’s ideas on the prison population and the revolving door. I believe part of it was because back in the day, marijuana was the drug, so many got arrested for it. Laws did not change, and more drugs entered the US, more crimes were committed, and prisons became overcrowded.
    I was glad when drug court was introduced because people were actually getting help for their addictions instead of just going to jail for it.

• Simone Smith

Hi Sharla, I agree, I’m so sick of all the lies… they’ll say anything we want to hear and not mean a word of it! I’m so passionate about people getting the help they need to recover from their addictions rather than just being locked up. I work in a recovery center and the great majority of the addicts that come to us have so much to give and offer the world if just given a chance to truly heal.