Who is Marianne Williamson?

posted in: Uncategorized | 4

Hello everyone! With political elections flooding daily news channels and your social media feeds, I am sure there is so much for you to consider and I hope I can help lessen the burden even the tiniest amount with providing you with information in regards to one of the candidates. Doing my best to give you my best unbiased opinion, lets talk about Marianne Williamson!

While it seems Joe Biden and Donald Trump seem to be the top runners for this years presidential election, it is also important to know of the other candidates in which are fighting for their opportunity to be Americans new leader.

“Try to see the good in others. When your tempted to judge someone, make an effort to see their goodness. Your willingness to look for the best in poeple subconciously bring it forth”

-Marianne Williamson

The youngest of three children, Marianne Williamson was born in Houston texas in 1952. Before becoming a politician, Marianne began her career as the spiritual leader of  Unity Church in Michigan. Her work in her communities has helped her in writing several self help books, which have aided in her political platform whihc call to aid the minimum wages in America as well as the war on drugs. 

In terms of social work, Ms. Williamson brings to light the struggles of our neighbors. Whether it comes to homelessness, and the systems in place which make it difficult for those born into poverty or unfortunate situations to rise above and become the best version of themselves. Those who were born into poverty, or suffer due to poverty with no way to climb out have benefited from her work with Project Angel Food which has been operating since the 1980s. The foundation provides meals for those in need, and has helped her cause in trying to help fight hunger and racial-reconciliation.

While she has dropped out of the presidential election before, due to lacking of votes to make her relevant, the work she does should be brought to light and understood. I think it is common knowledge that presidential candiatdes suhc as Joe Biden and Donald Trump want to put up the appearance of having Americas best interest at heart, it is often cluded with their celebrity and the issues which need to be focused on seem to be cluded or forgotten. Alongside that, sometimes they do not have Americas best interest in hand, but their own personal agendas.

Ms. Williamson has brought to light the sad parts of America in which need ot be addresses, which have gotten attention but not enough action.

Sometimes it takes a women to do a mans job” -Marianne Williamson

4 Responses

1. Sarai Gomez

Annalee,

Thank you for the overview of Marianne Williamson, I first heard about her on TikTok (lol). The person who made a video about her was endorsing her, urging people to support and vote for her in the presidential election. That video prompted me to do research of my own.
    As you mentioned, she has taken on social work and has attempted to make a difference for Americans. (in my opinion) . It was wild to me that she had never come up on my radar before.
    I also liked that you mentioned that some candidates get overshadowed by the celebrity status of other, more prominent ones. Its so frustrating! But talking about it will bring attention to other candidates from both sides of the aisle and just as Professor Stettler said “That’s democracy”

2. Simone Smith

Appreciate more unbiased info on Williamson, Annalee. It’s sad that all the candidates don’t get equal coverage, I’d love to see our two party system changed!!

3. Jaelynn Anderson

I keep seeing things for Marianne Williamson pop up on social media, along with Robert F. Kennedy Jr. They both seem to have a more social work-esk type of view on current matters in the United States. They just want to do what is good for the people as far as affordable necessities goes, like housing and food.

4. Jillian Bowman

I appreciate the information. Honestly Williamson wasn’t on my radar until recently because so much of what is being said is about Trump and Biden. She seems like an amazing candidate and I wish she had more coverage. Is is still far up there in age and I would love a candidate that was a little younger.