Who is Jill Stein?

Jill Stein is a doctor who became a politician, she is known for being a part of the Green Party. The Green Party is a smaller political group that focuses on the environment and health issues. Jill Stein ran for president for the United States in 2012 and 2016, but didn’t get any luck. (I am not familiar with politics).

Jill Stein does not get any much attention on the media because she is not in the political spotlight right now. She is not involved in big current events. This is also involved with the bigger political parties, who get much more news and media covered. When she ran in the 2016 election, she received a small percentage. (I am not familiar with politics as I mentioned)

As a Green Party candidate, she focused on environmental issues. Which include: climate change, environmental change, healthcare, education, social justice and much more. These issues mostly reflect on the Green Party platform.

Jill Stein’s advocacy for environmental, healthcare, and the education issues align with social work values of service, helping those who are in need. Stein speaks about the fairness for everyone, both for the rich and the poor. She believes that everyone should have a chance to succeed. Jill Stein’s ideas align a lot with the social work values: helping people, fairness along others, and making informed choices.

• Bennett, Jared, and Michael Beckel. “9 Things to Know about Jill Stein.” Center for Public Integrity, 28 Jan. 2022, publicintegrity.org/politics/9-things-to-know-about-jill-stein/.
  • “Jill Stein’s Top Policies: A 2024 Presidential Election Guide.” USA Today, Gannett Satellite Information Network, www.usatoday.com/elections/voter-guide/2024-11-05/candidate/jill-stein. Accessed 8 Apr. 2024.
  • photos from google

1. Simone Smith

Thanks Deandra! I didn’t know much about Jill Stein. I like what she advocates for. I think it’s important to educate ourselves on the other candidates besides dems or republicans. Even if they don’t win, if they get enough votes maybe it’ll push us toward changing the two party system.